Newcomer question...

From: Jeffery W Grams (jgrams@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 1996 - 11:45:21 EDT

I have been observing and enjoying the discussion revolving around 1
Timothy 2:15 - yet I have a general question that *does* pertain to how
one translates this passage...

What basic assumptions does this "B-Greek" list accept regarding the text
itself?
1. Is the Word of God to be considered Verbally Inspired?
2. Who is to be considered the author of a given text?
3. Who then is to be considered the intended receptor of a given text?
4. What time period was a given text written in? Was it revised later?

Or does each member of the B-Greek list have his/her own perspective on
these questions? If so, to what extent does that influence our ability
to discuss these texts in such a manner that real progress is made in
understanding them?

I hope I am not being too forward for a newcomer, and I am sure that
there are many unasked questions that could join the others above, yet if
I am going to learn/participate effectively I thought I should ask...

JGrams@juno.com
Rev. Jeffery W. Grams - St. Paul's Lutheran Church and School - Fulda,
Minnesota
"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you
also were called,
and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses"
[1 Tim. 6:12]