Re: NT Greek idioms

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@utc.campus.mci.net)
Date: Wed Jul 24 1996 - 08:40:02 EDT

Dear Andrew:

C.F.D. Moule's _An Idiom-Book of New Testament Greek._ Cambridge: The
University Press, 1971

Stanley E. Porter's_ Idioms of the Greek New Testament._ 2nd ed. Sheffield:
JSOT Press, 1994.

Ethelbert W. Bullinger's _Figures of Speech Used in the Bible._ Grand
Rapids: Baker, 1968. pages 819-860.

At 04:45 PM 7/24/96 EDT, you wrote:
>Fellow students,
>
>Can anyone suggest a thorough comprehensive work on
>NT Greek idoms? I'm after a list of known Greek idioms and
>there meanings.
>
>cheers,
>Andrew
>
>+------------------------------------------------------------------------
>| Andrew S. Kulikovsky B.App.Sc(Hons) MACS
>|
>| Software Engineer
>| British Aerospace Australia
>| Technology Park, Adelaide
>| ph: +618 343 8211
>| email: akulikov@baea.com.au
>|
>| What's the point of gaining everything this world has
>| to offer, when you lose your own life in the end?
>|
>| ...Look to Jesus Christ
>|
>| hO IESOUS KURIOS!

Kevin W. Woodruff
Reference Librarian