Re: Magdalen College papyrus fragments

From: Carlton L. Winbery (winberyc@popalex1.linknet.net)
Date: Thu Jul 25 1996 - 07:44:32 EDT

Ladislav Tichy wrote;
> Who of the list-members could give their opinion on Carsten Peter
>Thiede and Matthew d'Ancona's book "Eyewitness to Jesus. Amazing New
>Manuscript Evidence About the Origin of the Gospels", New York:
>Doubleday, 1996?

Bill Peterson recently posted a devastating critique of Thiede on tc-list.
He convinced me that Thiede had come to his conclusions on inadequate
evidence and flawed methodology. I do not have at my fingertips the
address of the archive for tc-list, but perhaps someone has a copy of
Peterson's review and can share it.

Carlton L. Winbery
Prof. Religion
LA College, Pineville, La