(no subject)

From: Randall & Shelly Keyes (rs_keyes@sojourn.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 1996 - 20:18:52 EDT

Greetings!

As a new one to this particular list, I do have a question that may have
been answered previously, so if it was, please just refer me to the proper
archive---THANKS! :)

My question is this: I was trained as (and actually still am) a liscenced
Baptist minister at an excellent school here in Michigan. However, I ran
face first into what I believe is the Biblical/Historical reality of
sacraments and am now a confirmed Lutheran. Herein lies my dillema: Most
of the commentaries I have are from an Zwinglian-Reformed position. This
is fine, and I will still use them, but I am really beginning to realize
the need for commentaries which come from a sacramental perspective and
understanding of "Law" and "Gospel." ***PLEASE DON'T MISUNDERSTAND**** I
love my heritage and am not "slamming it," I just *need* some new
commentaries. All that intro for this:

I have heard that Lenzski's commentaries are fairly descent and remember
one of the profs I had at Conerstone (AKA GRBC---an excellent shool, BTW)
using a series entitled "Hermeneia" or something like that.

Please, send those suggestions! (Oh, and I'm open to classic Anglican
works as well; Reformed though they may be <grin>)

Randy
Lutheran Celt - Misssouri Synod

rs_keyes@sojourn.com
In the great state of Michigan
"Mix the Irish with the Scotch and you get one plastered theologian....."