RE: Let me make Board qualifications clear...

From: Dave Haggard (dave.haggard@mci.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 1996 - 10:45:44 EDT

   My thanks for the clarification. I'm one of the Evangelical Christians that I hope the board (and most everybody) will be sympathetic to. My seminary experience was very, very difficult, as I was an evangelical trying to study under very unsympathetic non-evangelical professors.
  On the other hand, I struggle to maintain balance, and I was uncomfortable with the idea of only professing evangelicals on the proposed board.
   I joined the list because my greek skills are slipping (as my post asking about John 3:16 attests-Thanks to those who took the time to answer it.), and it has already been a help in just this short week.
   But just a thought: Somebody once labeled me a fundamentalist, in an attempt to slam me. I checked on the definition of what a fundamentalist is, and found that I fit the definition. But I'm not a fundamentalist by today's practices. Many of the Christians on the list, even though they are not labeled as "evangelical," may find that they fit the _definition_ of "evangelical," which may surprise them (now where's that dictionary?).
Pretty cool, huh?

Rev. David Haggard --- | --- Tom's Kids Ministries
2895 El Capitan Dr. --- | --- Colorado Springs, CO 80918
(719) 534-9252 --- | --- fax: (719) 534-9570
renegade@rmii.com --- | --- http://www.rmii.com/~renegade

If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all. -- Isaiah 7:9