Re: Image of Codex Sinaiticus

From: Edgar M. Krentz (emkrentz@mcs.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 1996 - 20:35:39 EDT

>Does anyone know where I can find an image of a leaf of
>Codex Sinaiticus or Codex Vaticanus or even p66, p75 or
>p46 (or any other Alexandrian text manuscript)
>
>cheers,
>Andrew

The Religion and Ethics Institute, Inc., P.O. Box 5510, Evanston, IL 60204
has two sets of color slides (diapositives), 24 slides to the set, that
illustrate the major NT manuscripts (P. 46, Aleph, A, B, C, D, some
minuscules), and that also illustrate with actual close ups of manuscripts
some of the ways in which scribes make mistakes in copying. I do not recall
the price, but they are probably about $25.00 to $30.00 USA each. I have
used them for years in teacxhing the principles of textual
criticism--supplementing them with slides I have taken myself, e.g. of the
papyrus fragments Thiede is making [in]famous.

The slides allow one to use them in differing order. Each set comes with a
printed lecture that one can simply read, abbreviate, or expand at will.

Edgar Krentz
Prof. of New Testament, Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
1100 East 55th Street, Chicago, IL 60615
TEl.: Office: 312-256-0752; Home: 312-947-8105