Re: Ovid film (was peter-meter)

From: Andrew J. Wiesner (awiesner@ccat.sas.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 08 1997 - 17:59:16 EST

Slavitt's translation of the MM is at times informed by the cinema, and the
connection apparently didn't seem too anachronistic to him either. It's
explicit at, for example, the beginning of book 7 (p. 125 of Slavitt's
translation):

        Cut to [iamque]: the Argo, of course. The ship is on its way
        to Colchis, having already undergone many trials
        and achieved many triumphs . . .

Andy Wiesner
Classics, UPenn
awiesner@ccat.sas.upenn.edu