Re: thanks

From: Eric Weiss (eweiss@gte.net)
Date: Fri Jan 10 1997 - 01:06:13 EST

Your response to me about the definite article functioning as an
attributive adjective was very helpful - and caused me to see another
instance of it at Galatians 6:13 - hINA EN THi hUMETERA SARKI
KAUCHSWNTAI - "...in order that they might boast in (or by) the flesh -
your [flesh]"(?) - I'm trying to translate so as to convey what appears
to me to be a subtle distinction from EN SARKI UMWN ("in order that they
might boast in your flesh"). Maybe it's too subtle to be worth
attempting (I'm teaching from Galatians at church).

Anyway, I really appreciate the willingness and eagerness you have shown
to share - quite extensively at times - with those of us who seek the
help of the b-greek listmembers.

--
"Eric S. Weiss"
http://home1.gte.net/eweiss/index.htm