Two moe non-KOine questions

From: kdlitwak (kdlitwak@concentric.net)
Date: Sat Feb 08 1997 - 18:51:55 EST

I run acros twothings that were rather ew to me today. The first is
a perfect imperative. I've never seen one of those before. If the old
distinctin between aorist and present in commands that I learned is
invalid in view of verbal aspect, can someone elucidate on the
difference in meaning between a present aorist and perfect imperative?
Second, Perseus identified PROIOUSA as possibly a dual-number
participle. Not singular, not plural but dual. Is this a feature of
Attic Greek? It looks like a singular to me, and I'd never seen a dual
number participle before. I didn't even think Greek had a dual number.
Hebrew does for things that come in twos, lke eyes but that surely does
not apply to my context, regarding writing prefaces to historical
works. Thanks.

Ken Litwak