[Fwd: Re: Inerrancy and writing style]

From: Eric Weiss (eweiss@acf.dhhs.gov)
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 17:59:40 EST

Like I wrote, I hope this doesn't start an argument, but I would like to
support the "inerrancy of the whole Bible" belief with Scriptural
statements and claims, not doctrinal statements, which I believe the
inerrancy position is - i.e., it is a conclusion (possibly correct,
possibly incorrect - and I can't tell you my stance because it is as yet
unformed in this area) derived from one's (and the Church's) view and
experience of Scripture, the nature of God, etc., but not an explicit
teaching of Scripture - but I could be wrong, hence my question to
B-GREEK in response to what Randy Leedy wrote. If it is not a required
belief as explicitly taught or commanded by Christ, the authors of
scripture or scripture itself, maybe one's errancy/inerrancy position
shouldn't be used to divide or label Christians.

Grace and Peace