RE: Phil 2:5-11

From: Rolf Furuli (furuli@online.no)
Date: Sun Mar 09 1997 - 09:19:16 EST

Dear Carl,

After sending my post yesterday it was pointed out to me
that hHGEOMAI with the meaning `consider` in Classical Greek
almost always occurs with a double accusative with one as a
predicate accusative. Linguistic and philological data are
of highest importance. If this turns out to be true, while
not ruling out my suggested translation of Phil 2:6, it
clearly speaks in favour of your suggestion that hARPAGMON
is predicate accusative.

I participate in B-Greek, not to argue for unchangeable
opinions, but to discuss matters and to learn. I feel the
need to do more research into this matter, and would welcome
a discussion of hEGEOMAI with double accusative (also the
importacne of word order and aspect) in Classical Greek.

Greetings

Rolf

Rolf Furuli
Ph.D candidate in Semitic languages