RE:Manuscripts of the Greek Bible by Bruce Metzger

From: Clayton Bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 06:41:04 EDT

Chuck Stevens wrote:

I don't have ready access to such a library, but would be interested in
obtaining such a book for my own library. Does it contain complete
facsimiles of all of the included MSS, or just representative exceprts?
Exact for-sure title? Is it still in print? Publisher, etc.?

Exact Title: Manuscripts of the Greek Bible: An Indroduction to Palaeography, Bruce M.
Metzger, Oxford 47.95 (current CBD catalog).

This is a thin book (160 pages) with a *sample page* from each of the most important
manuscripts. The photographs are OK, better than those in the smaller books. The
accompanying text is classic Metzger, clear, concise and illuminating. I don't own the
book. I get anything I want for free through my local library.

Clay Bartholomew
Three Tree Point