Re: Greek Test. Versions

From: Robert J. Petry, C.L. (Ambassador@sisna.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 1997 - 13:14:18 EDT

A K M Adam wrote:

> Ben--
>
> If I hear your question aright, you're asking not only for an
> explanation of
> the history of the NT text, but also for "a text which is most like
> the
> greek written by the writers of the day."
>
> On the chance that you mean "a text that physically resembles ancient
> Greek
> versions," I'd point you to the facsimile edition of Codex Sinaiticus
> (I
> don't have publication information, but it was mentioned recently on
> the
> list & should be in the archives; or you could find it in the card
> catalogue
> of your academic library).

Although I don't know how I would rate it yet, there is the Concordant
Greek Text that is available from Concordant Publishing Concern, 15570
West Knochaven Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91350.The text is "A Greek Text
Restored from Uncial Manuscripts (Sinaiticus, Vaticanus, Alexandrinus,
and Their Ancient Editors with the Variant Readings in the
Superlinear..." What I do like so far is that the text is all capitals,
no spaces between words and no accent marks. It seems to try to be as
close to the earliest writing in Greek as possible. Although, for me, I
have found it very useful, I'm not sure of its popularity. Anyway, it is
there.
Robert J. Petry, C.L.