Re: The Stealth Bible Exposed

From: Gregory and Carol Yeager (cgyeager@nwlink.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 18:18:22 EDT

Tis a curious thing, this word anthropos. It seems it can only be
translated accurately into modern English in male terms. "Protect God's
Word!" The word sarx is also a Greek word. In the NIV, it is
translated in many "interpretative" ways: "sin nature, body, ktl."
Interesting there is no hullabaloo over that! I think it's just a
little bit overzealous and even a bit pretentious to condemn
interpretation in one instance, while ignoring it in other instances.

(Ever so) humbly,

Gregory Yeager