Re: grimms

From: Edward Hobbs (EHOBBS@wellesley.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 26 1997 - 15:52:32 EDT

Anonymous wrote:

>,I have the opportunity to purchase a copy of the old Grimms lexicon. Is their
>any reason to own it over the Thayers? Any wisdom in this decision would be
>greatly appreciated.

It might be of some interest to a library which wishes to have as complete
a collection of NT Greek lexicons as possible. But as a tool, it is
impossibly outdated. Thayer is the end of that line, and has long outlived
its usefulness. (It was my first lexicon; I still keep my copy to remind
myself of how far we have come in my lifetime).

If you don't have it, buy Bauer.

Edward Hobbs