Phil 3:15

From: Kevin and Sandi Anderson (crossroads@sprynet.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 09:49:41 EST

I have read that Phil 3:15a ought to be translated, "Therefore, as many as
_will be_ [instead of _are_] perfect...." I am not so much interested in the
interpretive vagaries elicited by this suggestion (although if anybody wants
to pursue them I would be happy to sit back and watch the fireworks) as I am
interested in knowing whether anyone can recall other instances where a
predicate nominative may be reasonably translated in something other than
the present tense.

Cheers,
Kevin L. Anderson
Ph.D. Student