Re: Chiasm in Matt 7:6?

From: Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 22:00:11 EST

At 12:25 PM 12/8/97, Mark O'Brien wrote:

>Grammatically, I don't see anything that would tip you off. However,
>unless you happen to have had experience with pigs attacking you, I guess
>you would be inclined to consider this last portion as referring to the
>dogs.

Since you ask, I *do* have a little experience with pigs attacking me. When
I was about 12, we used to ride an old boar who was penned up at a friend's
house. The ride was rather quick, since the boar would work to shake us off
as soon as he could, and once you hit the ground, his general demeanor made
it seem desirable to reach the other side of the fence as soon as possible.
Since he never caught any of us, I do not know if he would have ripped us
up in addition to trampling us, and we were always smart enough to avoid
bringing pearls with us for such adventures. So I'm afraid that my
experience doesn't help here...

Jonathan

jonathan@texcel.no
Texcel Research