Re: 1 Thessalonians 5:23

From: Revcraigh (Revcraigh@aol.com)
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 15:22:57 EST

Dear b-greekers

I have been trying to follow particularly Rolfs understanding of this verse
and I am having a hard time sorting out what the actual effect of what he
contends about hOLOKLHRON is upon the translation/interpretation of this
verse. Could Rolf, or someone who gets what he is saying, help me out?

If the point of the prayer is that God keep the Church (the body of Christ)
complete in its entirity (without loosing any of its members along the way)
until the day of the presence or coming of our Lord (is that whats being
said?), then to what do TO PNEUMA, hH YUCH refer? I take it that TO SWMA
refers to the body of Christ = the Church (do I have that right?), but what
about the other two? Or don't they have individual referents? I'd really like
to understand this.

God bless you all,
Rev. Craig R. Harmon.