Re: Bible Works Updated

From: Wes Williams (WesWilliams@usa.net)
Date: Fri Dec 26 1997 - 01:40:46 EST

... wrote:

> The addresses BWORK-L@blc.odu and mjackson@blc.odu
> and BWORK-L@blc.edu and mjackson@blc.edu
>
> give the following error:
>
> Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: blc.odu: host not found)

I am informed that the Bibleworks reference I earlier posted is
out-of-date. Here is the updated site ...

http://www.bibleworks.com/contacts.htm

If you are interested in the limitations of tagging systems, there is a good
article at: http://www-writing.berkeley.edu/chorus/bible/essays/ntgram.html
named "Interpretive Implications of Using Bible-Search Software for New
                                  Testament Grammatical Analysis"

In addition to this article, I've read some posts around the internet by
Dale Wheeler on the subject about two years ago that illustrate some
practical issues. I can't begin to tell you where they are since I do not
remember where I read them.

Sincerely,
Wes Williams