Mt.1:1-17 & Speakin' Greek

From: WmHBoyd (WmHBoyd@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 1997 - 09:29:17 EST

Jonathan Robie may be interested in this for ideas in his "Little Greek"
pages.

I have a little book called "How to Read the Greek New Testament" by Guy N.
Woods. 106 easy to read pages. It is avaliable from the Gospel Advocate
Company in Nashville, Tn. (1-800-251-8446) It is "Prepared primarily for
those who are unacquainted with the Greek Language, but who desire to be able
to locate every word in the Greek New Testament, trace it to its root, define
it, and parse the sentence in which it occurs."

The first chapter is motivational. In it he tells of the Scottish theologian,
John Brown of Haddington who "learned the alphabet from the proper names in
the genealogies of the Lord in Matthew and Luke." I tried it, and with the
help of a Greek alphabet with English sound equivalents, I found it a good
way to introduce to myself to a way to begin "speakin' Greek."

William the Gentle Barbarian
Royal Palm Beach, Florida