RE: The article for abstract nouns

From: Williams, Wes (Wes.Williams@echostar.com)
Date: Wed Dec 31 1997 - 17:38:39 EST

Dear Jonathan,

Actually, I LOVE discussions in this area since it appears to be the
only way I can stay sharp on the issues. I am not a member of a theo.
seminary. In so doing, I re-evaluate why I believe the way I do and my
faith is frequently reaffirmed. The downside are the intolerants or
theologians that post 10 pages of some commentary they read but do not
understand. I hope it stays focused. From list history, it seems that
the only way we can progress on this topic is to hit a niche or nuance
once every 3 months with about 2-4 posts, then shut up. After that,
Edward gets nervous (grin).

By the way, why do you limit your search on QEOS to only the NT? Why not
include the LXX? I would maintain strongly that the trinity was not
taught in the LXX, but their theology about God and gods is very useful
for the NT since that was the basis for their belief about the Father
(including what Jesus added). What about Origen's commentary on John 1:1
to the effect "we have two gods. If the Father is the sun, then the Son
is a very dim light." (substance).

Sincerely,
Wes