The Article 101: first draft

From: Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Date: Sun Jan 04 1998 - 20:59:09 EST

I have now uploaded the first draft of the lesson on the article (and the
verb "to be"). I would be very grateful to anybody who wants to comment on
this lesson, which can be found at:

        http://sunsite.unc.edu/koine/greek/lessons/eimi.html

To help orient you,

1. The first part of this lesson is on the verb "to be". Skip past this
(unless interested).
2. This lesson is not the first exposure to the article, but it does appear
in a beginning grammar, not an intermediate one, and it does not need to
cover everything.
3. I *do* want it to cover the most common and baffling uses so that
beginners will have a pretty good understanding of the article after
reading this chapter.
4. I don't want to completely overwhelm them.

So if you get a chance, take a look at this, and send me some email with
your feedback.

By the way, this page is not accessible from the table of contents, because
I want to be able to make significant changes if I decide to.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com

Little Greek Home Page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/koine