Re: Text for after Wenham

From: Mark Goodacre (goodacms@m4-arts.bham.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 05 1998 - 10:34:22 EST

Chris Kavanagh wrote on Dec. 2 1997:

> Dear Mark,and b-greek list,
> I followed the recent post about Wenham, and the archives connected
> with Wenham, with interest. I used Wenham at College, and I would
> like to find an intermediate text that perhaps builds on Wenham, or
> at least would be suited to someone who used it as an introduction.
> Do you have any suggestions?

I am afraid that I do not have any really good suggestions. I used
Moule's *Idiom Book of New Testament Greek* after I had finished
Wenham, and then delved into old fashioned grammars. There will be
others on the list who will have better suggestions than this. See
Jonathan Robie's page for example.

Wenham himself (pp. 191-2), I note, recommends this list's own Ward
Powers (*Learn to Read the Greek New Testament*, described as 'a most
stimulating refresher course' because of its 'fresh angle') and C. L.
Winberry (with J. A. Brooks, *Syntax of New Testament Greek*) among
his recommendations.

Good wishes for the new year

Mark
Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk