Greek Reference Works

From: Theodore H. Mann (thmann@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jan 24 1998 - 22:11:30 EST

B-Greekers:

  Rejoice with me ! I am happy to say that I have some money to spend on
books ! Is anyone willing to make some suggestions ? So that you know
where I am in pursuit of Greek, I have worked my way through a few basic
grammars, have a basic vocabulary of about 750 words, and I don't seem to
be having too much trouble doing a basic translation of John. (I guess
this means that I now have enough knowledge to be dangerous.) What
reference works can you suggest that will be of help to me over the
years? If you can assist me, I would be grateful. I might even learn
enough to ask some intelligent questions, so this is to your advantage as
well.
  I presently have access to the Teacher's Bible Companion CD-Rom, the
Arndt/Gingrich lexicon, the Analytical Greek Lexicon (Zondervan), the
Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, the Dictionary of New
Testament Theology, the Vincent Word Studies, and Dr. Winbery's
(co-authored) book on syntax.
  I look forward to hearing from someone; off-list, of course. Many
thanks.

Ted

Dr. Theodore "Ted" H. Mann
Orchard Lake, Michigan
thmann@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]