RE: multiple ascensions

From: Cooper Greg (CooperG@wsdot.wa.gov)
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 19:55:19 EST

Oh, boy...I hesitate to do this...but here goes (and I do so very
respectfully).

Jesus was being "humourous," he was cracking a "joke?"
That seems so......weird.....so unlikely. What could possibly
be in the text to suggest that???

What leads anyone to think that Mary was "simply overjoyed"
to see Him? Especially, given the context of the whole experience.
When He appeared in the upper room to His disciples they were
plain and simply SCARED. And, given that Jesus was not even
recognized when He first appeared from the grave, it seems to me
that none of these reconstructions are possible.

Joy may have followed.....but fright and shock, surely, were the
initial reactions.

Is there ANYTHING in the Greek wording or phraseology that would
lend credence to humour, joking or being overjoyed???

Gregory Lee Cooper