Re: Re: Dates, Camel or Rope

From: Revcraigh@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 05 1998 - 19:57:36 EST

In a message dated 2/5/98 11:37:30 PM, someone wrote:

<<The date 11/9/96 will mean either 11th September or 9th November, depending
what part of the world a person comes from and what he is used to.

Having lived and served in Canada for some years, I can attest that the
possibility for confusion exists. The people up there, at least where I was,
wrote the date/month/year. To me, seeing a date written 23/10/84 was very odd
but not confusing; the confusion came when scheduling an event some months
ahead to, say, 08/06/99!

On the other hand, this is a group that cannot agree on how to represent chi,
and ksi so convention is one thing, enforcement is something else again.

Good luck on that one!

God bless,
Rev. Craig R. Harmon, pastor
Lutheran Church of the Apostles