Re: Greek version of OT in print.

From: Nichael Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Date: Sat Feb 07 1998 - 19:09:09 EST

>johnp@top.net wrote:
> > Is there a Greek version of the OT (Septuagint?) in print available for
> > purchase?
> Sir Lancelot CL Brenton,
> /The Septuagint With Apocrypha: Greek and English/,
> Hendrickson Publishers, PO Box 3473, Peabody MA 01961-3473, 1986-87.
> [Originally published by Samuel Bagster & Sons, Ltd., London, 1851]
> ISBN 0-913573-44-2.
>
> Order from any bookstore.

Two notes about this edition:

1] While this is --so far as I know-- the only complete translation of the
LXX into English available, it is about a century old. This is less
important for the English than the underlying Greek text, which is
considered inferior to Rahlfs' more recent edition, available from the
UBS.

2] If you do choose to get Brenton's translation, CBD in Peabody Mass
usually offers the volume for about 1/2 of the list price.

--
Nichael Cramer
work: ncramer@bbn.com