two titles

From: Juan Stam (jstam@una.ac.cr)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 07:25:37 EST

Greetings from an always-grateful and excited mostly-lurker of B-Greek.
Right now I'm wondering if somebody could evaluate for me two books that CBD
offers at good prices:

Ralph Earle, WORD MEANINGS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT (worth adding to my already
ample
    collection on the subject? What are its strengths and weaknesses?)

Stern JEWISH NEW TESTAMENT COMMENTARY (1000pp so it is a fistful -- how good
is it?)

Many thanks, Juan Stam, Costa Rica