Re: LXX quotations

From: Paul S. Dixon (dixonps@juno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 16:06:44 EST

You can also find a list of LXX quotations in the NT in the back of the
UBS text. I checked out the first one, Mt 1.23a quoting from Isa 7.14,
and found 15 words quoted verbatim from the LXX with only one change.
The verb KALEW is in the 3rd person singular in the LXX, but in the 3rd
person plural in Matthew.

Dr. Paul S. Dixon, Pastor
Wilsonville, Oregon
http://users.aol.com/dixonps
http://users.why.net/think/greek

On Mon, 02 Feb 1998 12:19:38 -0700 Glen Riddle <glen1@flash.net> writes:
>If you want a very handy tool for O.T. quotations in N.T. check Old
>Testament
>Quotations in the New TEstament: A Complete Survey, by Gleason L.
>Archer & G.C.
>Chirichigno, 1983, Moody Press.
>blessings,
>gpr
>
>Martin Arhelger wrote:
>
>> >Are all the OT quotations in the NT from the LXX, or are some
>directly
>> >from the Hebrew?
>>
>> The writer of Hebrews is the only one I know who regularely uses the
>LXX
>> (and Luke often). Other writers of the NT sometimes differ from it
>e.g. in
>> Mat 26:31
>> and sometimes they differ from LXX a n d from the Masoretic text,
>e.g. Mat
>> 2:6.

>> Martin Arhelger
>> D-53121 Bonn
>> Germany
>> martin.arhelger@metronet.de

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]