genitive

From: Glen Riddle (glen1@flash.net)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 11:18:26 EST

In Eph. 4.12 we have the phrase "be an example of the believers". I
would take the genitive "of believers" as objective gen. However, to do
so requires seeing a verbal force in the head noun, typos, which doesn't
seem to be in the verb. The verb is not used in the sense of "be an
example". Does anyone have a better category for this use of the
genitive? Or, can anyone enlighten me on whether this should be a
problem--seeing typos as a verbal noun but with a different semantic
verbal force than one would find in the verb?
Thanks,
glen riddle