RE: From Jesus to Christ (fwd)

From: Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 19:34:46 EST

Andrew,

Although I agree with you that the series seems to have focused on liberal
NT scholars, I generally find that posts that divide us up into liberals
and conservatives are not helpful, and using the term LIBERAL in all caps
is almost certain to provoke the kind of response that you got from Jim
West. I'm spending plenty of time asking the liberals to be fair to
conservatives (sometimes publically, more frequently in private), but I
also think that we conservatives should be careful to avoid baiting
liberals on b-greek.

I think that it was fine for Jeffrey to make an announcement that might be
of interest to lots of folks on B-Greek, even if conservatives might
disagree with the program. I think that your response was baiting.

Could you please help us calm things down, and also help us focus on Greek
language and texts?

In Him,

Jonathan

At 09:53 AM 2/13/98 +1030, Andrew Kulikovsky wrote:

> [...]

jonathan@texcel.no
Texcel Research
http://www.texcel.no