Re: John 8:7

From: Theodore H. Mann (thmann@juno.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 13:11:28 EST

Dr. Theodore "Ted" H. Mann
Orchard Lake, Michigan
thmann@juno.com

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998 18:59:43 +0000 clayton stirling bartholomew
<c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>"let him who is without sin cast the first stone"
>
>This is not supported but the oldest or best manuscripts.
>--
>Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
>Three Tree Point
>P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062

To anyone who would care to respond (off-list?):

Which manuscripts are considered to be "the best"? Why?
Are the oldest manuscripts necessarily preferable to later ones?

I'm sure that this is too large an issue to deal with via E-Mail, but
perhaps someone can suggest a particularly good book dealing mainly with
these questions. Thanks for your help.

Ted

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]