Re: Transliteration Fonts

From: Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 10:48:58 EST

At 10:09 AM 2/18/98 -0500, Kevin Anderson wrote:
>I believe either someone else, or I myself, have asked this question before.
>But I cannot recall a sufficient answer.
>
>Does anyone know where one can obtain fonts for the transliteration of Greek
>and Hebrew. I haven't been able to find a font that has, for example, an o
>with a horizontal line over it to represent an omega.

Linguist's Software and Galaxie each provide such a font.

If you want something for free, I use normal Times Roman, and let the
circumflex serve as a line over a vowel.

There may soon be another free option, which I can't discuss right now.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com

Little Greek Home Page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/koine
Little Greek 101: http://sunsite.unc.edu/koine/greek/lessons