Re: MIAS GUNAIKOS (in Kenya)

From: Brrolan@ra.rockwell.com
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 11:23:56 EST

Jonathan Robie wrote:
[Start Snip]
If it *does* mean "not polygamous", which I doubt, then it does not imply a
requirement for all Christians, nor does it amount to a command to divorce
all wives but the first one - after all, not all christians have to be
bishops or deacons!
[End Snip]

I am sorry if I was ambigious. I did not mean to imply that Christians who
were not bishops or deacons were allowed to be polygamous. What I was
implying is that those who were burdened with the stigma and responsibility
of a *formerly* polygamous relationship, (as any convert might have been),
could not easily serve in a leadership position.

Bret R. Rolan
BRRolan@ra.rockwell.com