Re: In Memoriam Ernst Kasemann

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Wed Feb 25 1998 - 10:40:13 EST

At 03:21 PM 2/25/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Just going through b-greek posts of the last few days, I am sorry too
>to hear of the death of Kasemann.

Kasemann is dead? I had not heard this. What are the details? I have, in
the past, corresponded with Dr. Kasemann. He was very kind to answer
questions which I posed him and he was very nice to tell me something of his
wife. I hope that she is still alive, though she had been quite ill when we
last corresponded. This is very depressing news to me.

I will always treasure the letters and post cards I have from a man who was
kind enough to take the time to help a junior colleague.

Sadly,

Jim

jwest@highland.net