Re: Rom 5:12 Death spread... because all sinned - How?

From: Jeffrey Gibson (jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 11:17:13 EST

Just wondering, but does the idea that the death that Paul speaks of as
"spreading" in Rom. 5 is not the death that comes to all humans, but the
willingness and propensity to *deal death* to others, to commit murder,
that is in view here. I raise this point because I am not so sure
that Paul viewed finitude/mortality as something humans (or even
Adam as representative of one sort of humanity) did not have from the
beginning, let alone something that humans attained gradually.
Conversely, was it Paul's claim that being "in Christ" rather than in
Adam really prevent people from dying?

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu