Swetnam's "Introduction"?

From: Nichael Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 16:02:51 EST

Can anyone comment on James Swetnam's "An Introduction to
the Study of NT Greek"?

It has shown up in a catalogue I received recently. The
phrase that caught my eye is "written especially for the
person who must study without benefit of a teacher".

OTOH --in addition to not being particular cheap at $50--
this first (only?) volume appears to focus primarily on
morphology (e.g. "A certain amount of syntax is also
presented").

While this is no doubt an interesting approach (for example,
I find I Mounce's morphological asides to be one of the most
useful features of his text) I can't help but wonder whether
an entire "introductory" text written in this way might not
be a bit much --especially for one "without benefit of a teacher".

Thanks
Nichael