Re: **impressed**

From: RevRich (RevRich@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 22:56:06 EST

> Dear B-Greekers,
> I am certainly impressed at the vast amount of knowledge of the
> members of this list. I'm trying my hardest to keep up and understand
> (not very easy), and I think I'm going to learn a lot. But I was
> wondering: are there any other people on this list who absolutely love
> Greek (like me), but are not quite so adept (like me)? If so, are you
> able to comment on anything? I've been looking for an opportunity,
> but, well, that's tough! =)
>
> Allison

Allison,

I have been on this list for about a year, and I have been studying Greek
since 1990.
I listen and learn and that's about it. Sometimes I think I know something,
and I am WAY wrong, and sometimes I think I know nothing and I end up having
the same thoughts that others do, but I think this is only my second posting,
and it doen't have anything to do with Greek. How odd . . .

Anyway, I enjoy your enthusiasm! My Greek prof from college said that if you
love something enough it will give up its secrets. He was talking about
Greek, of course. Keep with it. I want to build a lifetime of experience
with the language, like many of the people here have. I want to love it
enough that it gives up its secrets. I have a long way to go, I think, but
I'm on the way!

Have fun! (I always do)

Rich