2 Cor. 6:16 sentence construction?

From: justin johnson (justinj_tsp@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 19:37:12 EST

What's puzzling to me is that Paul uses the prestent tense when refering to
the temple of the living God. But then he uses the 1st person plural future
form of EIMI. This appears out of place in the sentence structure. It does
not seem rational that Paul threw a word in a sentence that would not fit
somehow
into his thoughts. The only conclusion that I can come to is that Paul uses
ESMEN to point to the OT prophecy in verse 16. In other words, Paul uses
ESMEN to show the church that these prophecies concern you the church. I
have noticed though that most translations do not translate the word ESMEN.
They more of less ignore the word. Does anyone know where this type of
contruction can be found in the bible or other sources? The problem with
explaining this construction as "a wash in exegesis" is that this skirts
around the issue.

Thanks, Justin Johnson