re: Fundamentally flawed

From: Richard Lindeman (richlind@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 13:00:54 EST

So then, if we view context as the undercurrent of language... then tense,
voice, mood, aktionsart, aspect, and everything else that we understand
about syntax... and also morphology, are all derivatives of context. In
fact, we probably would be better off to define them all with *contextual
terminology*. Then we we might actually be able to see better how they
really do interact with each other in dealing with context.

These things were all created to try to deal with context in the first
place. Just as a well designed ship is specifically designed in all of its
functional components to deal with the ocean and its currents. The rudder,
the hull, the engine, the anchor, the masts and sails, and even the deck
chairs are all essentially designed in the first place to try to deal with
current.

Rich Lindeman