Re: "The Climax of DOXA" thread

From: Jeffrey Gibson (jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 30 1998 - 09:16:11 EST

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Carl W. Conrad wrote:

> For these reasons then, let's avoid discussion of authorship and
> historical-critical approaches to the larger Biblical text. There are other
> forums for that. This forum is for discussion of specific Biblical Greek
> texts and the Biblical Greek language.

Carl,

Since, as you have noted, many of those who have been participating in the
DOXA thread may be new to the list, it is not only the bounds of B-Greek
which they may not know. They may also be unaware of the other lists of
which you speak. So it might be helpful to have a list posted here of the
forums which do indeed discuss such topics as authorship, text criticism,
historical-critical approaces, etc.

I suggest, therefore, that we have a brief thread in which the names,
subscription info, and basic approach/content of these lists are made
available to members of B-Greek. And would it be possible to include
something like this in the B-Greek FAQ?

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu