Re: Church officers

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 11:55:38 EST

At 10:33 AM -0600 4/1/98, John P Hayden wrote:
>It seems to me, from the evidence of experience as well as Scripture,
>that every true PASTOR is an ELDER and that every true ELDER is a PASTOR.
>
>I am searching for Biblical evidence to contradict this proposition.

This is not really the place to put such a question; it's an
ecclesiastical-historical question which would have to be resolved by
applying a critical methodology independent of the evidence from the Greek
text itself. I would guess that the ELENCHUS list might be the best place
to put that question, or perhaps the ACTS list, since that doesn't seem to
be subject to careful avoidance of questions that will be answered
differently from different faith-perspectives.