Re: en arche

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 04 1998 - 13:35:26 EST

At 12:28 PM -0600 4/4/98, Larry Ingram wrote:
>What is this group's understanding of the meaning (time frame) of "in
>the beginning..." at Gen. 1:1 and John 1:1?

Well, here we go again! We had a very lengthy discussion of precisely this
subject not very long ago, and I'm wondering whether it is far enough back
to actually be in the archives already posted on the web. I don't think
there was ever any real consensus reached on the question. I'll check and
see just when that discussion occurred. Well, a quick check shows that it
took place in mid-February, and also that the thread was long, repetitive,
and highly controversial. I don't know whether people really want to renew
it at this point, but since February isn't posted on the web archives yet,
I'd be willing to send you the text of that thread off-list if you want it.