Hapax Legomena: Another question

From: David L. Moore (dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 11:05:40 EDT

        Mark Goodacre's query about _hapax legomena_ reminds me of another
question that has come to mind from time to time.

        When one goes to the more extensive Greek dictionaries - like TDNT, which
I consult despite its well publicized shortcomings - one finds that they
often omit these once-used words that one would be most interested to know
more about.

        Does anyone know of any Greek lexicon or dictionary that specializes in
the NT _hapax legomena_. I have in mind something that would give extra-NT
usages of the word and a balanced study of any other pertinent information
and opinions that might give clues to its meaning.

David Moore

David L. Moore
Miami, Florida, USA
Southeastern Spanish District of the A/G Dept. of Education
E-mail: dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com
Home Page: http://members.aol.com/dvdmoore