Re: Common-sense aorist

From: dalmatia@eburg.com
Date: Wed Apr 08 1998 - 11:20:53 EDT

Carl W. Conrad wrote:

> You see, I would have said that ONLY had KATELABEN been written in the
> perfect could it carry that permanence: in the form KATEILHFE--as when
> Jesus uses the perfect on the cross and says, TETELESTAI in a tense form
> that expresses finality beyond compromise.

Thanks Carl ~

I think we've got this pretty well 'crisped up' now. I agree with
your assessment of TETELESTAI, that it expresses permanence and
finality beyond compromise. Would you agree with me that it is an
historical statement, referring to all the historical things that He
was given to do by His Father Who sent Him, that this has all been
accomplished?

George