Re: Jn 20:16; Did John Goof?

From: John M. Moe (John.M.Moe-1@tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 14 1998 - 18:03:36 EDT

Edgar M. Krentz wrote:

SNIP

> And I have not noticed the disregard from scholars, unless you mean
> the
> criticisms of James Barr a generation ago that the dictionary writers
> were
> not conversant with modern linguistic theories about semiotics.
>
> Such remarks make one suspicious of other comments one makes.

Thanks to those who responded about the esteem in which the TDNT is held
or not held. I'm not pleased, of course, if the way I brought it up has
damaged my own credibility, but it has, at least, harmed no one else. I
had gotten the notion, I think from comments made on this list, that
TDNT was no longer held in very high regard. I sacrificed to obtain my
set while at seminary, and having always served country parishes, I
must rely almost exclusively on my own library. It is good to know I am
not getting totally out of step in my continuing to wear out the pages
of TDNT.

Thanks again

JM

--