Re: Romans 9:5

From: Wes Williams (WesWilliams@usa.net)
Date: Sat Apr 18 1998 - 17:58:49 EDT

>Some of us have also exchanged views about punctuation and its effect on
both
>reading and interpretation.
>
>May I ask for help in translating another verse which has been used by many
as
>evidence for Christ's membership of the Trinity; Romans 9:5: WN hOI
PATERES,
>KAI EX WN hO CRISTOS TO KATA SARKA; hO WN EPI PANTWN QEOS EULOGHTOS EIS
TOUS
>AIWNAS, AMHN.
>
>Here, it seems to me, the interpretation is dependent more on assumptions
>about punctuation than about grammar. The key to the translation being
>whether in fact there is a stop of any sort after PANTWN.

Mike,

This has been discussed on the list before. You can check the archives at
http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek/archives/index.html. If that is
unsatisfactory, please post the particular question.

Speaking of the archives, I have not been able to connect to the new Sunsite
search engine for the past three weeks. Is there any hope of getting it to
work or is my connection just timing out because it takes so long for the
page to load?

Sincerely,
Wes Williams