Re: Dead Sea Mark

From: dalmatia@eburg.com
Date: Sun Apr 26 1998 - 12:51:15 EDT

Fivefree wrote:

> In a message dated 4/25/98 2:16:12 PM EST, nichael@sover.net writes:
>
> << the legend of
> the lone genius who suffers endless years of supression at the hands of the
> entrenced "guild" only to emerge victorious and to be shown to have been
> "right all along" is virtually always exactly that: a fairy tale. >>
>
> I take it you've never heard of Galileo, Copernicus and others?

???OTHERS???

First thought that came to my mind was DARWIN!!!

See what this backwards thinking gets me? :-)

Well, I guess Darwin WAS a good and upstanding citizen of the
'entrenched guild', and his efforts WERE sponsored by the entrenched
political apparatus of his time, so I pass this along... As NOT what
you mean by 'others'!!

Still chuckling...

George