Re: Throne of God and of the Lamb

From: pawise (pawise@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 12:39:50 EDT

Edgar,

>The One on the throne is _prima facie_ the Father. The Lamb is given
>glory and honor, etc. But only the One seated on the throne is given
>worshipful adoration.

>Take Care,
>Edgar Foster

Such a distinction is unwarrented. See Revelation 22:1 and 22:3. Note the
use of double genetives in both instances: ("of God and of the Lamb"):

1) "And he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal,
coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb," (Revelation 22:1, NASB).

2) "...the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His
bond-servants shall serve Him; Revelation 22:3, NASB).

b-greek home page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek
To unsubscribe,
mailto:unsubscribe-b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu?subject=pawise@ix.netcom.com

---