John 1 Grammatical Issues

From: Williams, Wes (Wes.Williams@echostar.com)
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 13:18:31 EDT

Dear Mark,

The most unbiased approach from a scholar I've read in recent years comes
from the book "The Christology of the Fourth Gospel, Structure and Issues",
by WIlliam Loader, Peter Lang Publishers, NY, 1992. Loader deals with the
Greek but you do not need to know Greek to read it. He also discusses the
various Christological views in John and plausibilities and problems
associated with each view.

He also discusses fairly the translations "was a god", "was God", "was
divine", and "what God was, the Word was."

But I think searching the b-greek archives last year and this year is among
the best sources of information for what you seek.

Sincerely,
Wes Williams